Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lifetime!

I made it through the 6 weeks of maintenance to become a lifetime member of WW.  It "only" took me 25 years, but I finally made it.  Now, comes the "hard" part, maintaining this weight for the rest of my life.  I think this time, I have finally changed my relationship with food.  I really don't want to eat until I'm uncomfortable anymore.  And passing by the deep fried food vendors at the fair this year really made my stomach turn.  There is a first time for everything!  I still have "issues" with cookies, but I'm able to control my urges, most of the time.  So, it took me 2 full years to lose 91 pounds, and I don't really ever want to go back.  I plan to attend meetings every week, and even find out of town meetings when we are visiting family or on vacation.  And with hubby on this journey with me, we will keep each other honest.  I'll try to get back and post updates on this journey and maybe some of my favorite recipes, but life has a tendency of getting in the way at times.  #2 daughter is back at school for her junior year of college.  #1 daughter just bought a house, so things are moving right along for them.  I will be going to visit my mom in Florida for an extended stay at the end of September, and believe it or not, she doesn't have (nor want) internet connection.

I have changed my profile  picture to reflect the person I am now.  It's been a long, long journey, and it's not over by any stretch of the imagination.  This is a lifelong process, and I've just finished the first leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment