Friday, August 9, 2013

Maintenance, Week 3

I've been at goal for about a month now.  And while I like to think I can do this, it's still really hard.  Adding those extra points is sometimes hard, sometimes, they just add up.  I've lost a little, then gained a little.  Last week was weird, I had spent the week beforehand at #1 daughter's new house, painting.  I was not eating on my "regular" schedule, nor drinking as much fluid as I normally do.  I could tell I was retaining water, since both my knees and ankles were swollen.  At weigh in on Friday, I was up 3 pounds.  It actually put me back into that "+/- 2 pounds from goal" range that I have to be in for lifetime.  This week has been much more "normal", so depending on what my scale says, I will either wear my "weigh in" dress or something a bit more substantial!  If all goes as planned, I will reach lifetime membership in 2 weeks.  It's only taken me 25 1/2 years to get here, but I think I've finally made peace with my relationship with food.  Yes, I still want the cookies and ice cream, but fried stuff kinda makes me want to gag anymore.  And if something doesn't taste good to me, I no longer feel I have to continue eating it, just b/c it's there.

So, while the weight loss journey is coming to an end, the maintenance and struggle with food choices continues.  I guess it is a new journey to a much healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment